Did you know that around 80% of your pizza is the pizza base and crust?
That's why it matters so much.
That perfect combination of not too thick, not too thin, soft or crispy wonderfulness, with just the right amount of charring and bubbling. Get that right and you are on your way to an amazing pizza that will stimulate all your senses.
At Homemade Pizza Club we help everyone get the most from their pizza whatever their taste preferences, or oven equipment at their disposal, because home is where the pizza is.
With our ranges of doughs, bases and guidance your pizza making will soar, exceeding your expectations, and those of your family and friends.
Whatever oven your are using, indoor or outdoor, you are guaranteed amazing results with all our pizza products.
For best results, leave your dough balls in an airtight plastic tub or food grade bag for 1-2 days in the refrigerator as this will develop much superior flavour and texture for your pizzas. You will notice the dough ball gradually increasing in size. On the day of use, remove the dough from the fridge and allow 2-3 hours for it to come to room temperature. This will improve the handling of your dough and make it easier to shape.
There are a few different ways to cook your pizza dough balls depending on what equipment you have. Cooking them in an outside pizza oven such as Ooni and Roccbox will always yield the best results, but they can also be cooked in a domestic oven successfully.
1. Allow your oven to heat up for approximately 45-60 minutes. Ensure the Oven thermometer is reading between 300c and 500c before cooking.
2. Remove your dough ball from its packaging and cover it with a light dusting of plain flour on both sides.
3. Push the dough into the work surface with your fingertips to flatten it.
4. Spread your dough with your hands until it is around 11-12” in diameter, rotating as you shape to ensure an even circular disc shape is created.
5. Add tomato sauce, cheese and toppings.
6. Place your pizza on a pizza peel before transferring to the hot oven.
7. Once in the oven, watch your pizza closely as it will cook quickly. Rotate your pizza once midway through to ensure it cooks evenly and remove from the oven once cooked. This may take between 1 minute and 2 minutes depending on your oven type and temperature.
FOR COOKING IN A DOMESTIC OVEN: DOUGH/FRYING PAN METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to approximately 200c.
2. Heat a large frying pan (11-12” diameter) on the hob for around 10 minutes until very hot. Do not add any oil.
3. Remove your dough ball from its packaging and cover it with a light dusting of plain flour on both sides.
4. Push the dough into the work surface with your fingertips to flatten it.
5. Spread your dough with your hands until it is around 11-12” in diameter, rotating as you shape to ensure an even circular disc shape is created.
6. Pick up your pizza dough and carefully place it into the frying pan.
7. Cook both sides of the dough for around 1 minute each before removing from the pan.
8. Add tomato sauce and toppings to your part baked dough.
9. Place the fully topped pizza into the oven before baking for around 5-6 minutes until the cheese is browned and the toppings cooked through.
*Please note you can also use a pizza stone if you have one. In which case simply heat the pizza stone in your oven before following steps 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9
Pre- Baked Pizza Bases and Pre-Sauced Pizza Bases
If you prefer to work with part pre-baked base these can work perfectly in any kind of oven as part of the work has already been carried out for you in the pizza ovens at our bakery.
Simply choose between pizza bases or the pre-sauced pizza bases. Both are exceptional and given fantastic results even in a domestic oven when cooked directly on the oven shelf.
COOKING UNSAUCED PIZZA BASES
These can be cooked either in an outside pizza oven (Ooni or Roccbox, etc) or used in a domestic oven. To use in an outside pizza oven:
1. Allow your oven to heat up for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Ensure the oven thermometer is reading between 250c and 350c before cooking.
2. Remove pizza base from packaging and place on a work surface.
3. Add tomato sauce and toppings.
4. Place topped pizza on a pizza peel before placing into the oven.
5. Turn/rotate pizza once half way through cooking to ensure even cooking.
Pizza may take around 2-3 minutes to cook fully. Once dough, cheese and toppings are browned, remove from the oven
You'll also receive full detailed instructions on how to store, handle and cook your pizzas with your order.
We always aim to dispatch orders within 72 working hours of the point at which they are placed. Your order will be delivered within 24 hours of dispatch, and you will be kept informed on its progress through the courier network at all times, receiving a 2 hour delivery window from DPD on the day of delivery.
Please note, we dispatch Monday to Friday, meaning the available delivery days are Tuesday to Saturday.
Delivery is a flat £5.95 and this will be added to your bill at checkout. Orders over £50 will be delivered free of charge. We deliver to you via DPD who offer a generally reliable service. If there are any delivery issues (which is rare) we guarantee to put these right.
*Please note we are unable to deliver to Northern Ireland at present. We are also currently unable to deliver to the following postcodes due to being unable to guarantee product quality due to these areas being on 2 day delivery with our courier.
PA, KW, IV, AB, PH
Your pizzas are delivered in specially designed cardboard based temperature controlled packaging which is fully recyclable. Your pizzas and other ingredients will arrive chilled and can either be used within 3 days or alternatively are all completely suitable for freezing if you choose to use some or all of them later.
Absolutely not! We rely on starting with great ingredients and making our products with care and attention. You won't find any nasty surprises in our ingredients. Just natural ingredients made with care and attention.
Our pizza dough balls will stretch out to make a pizza between 10-12" inches in diameter, depending on how thick you like your crust.
What size are the part-baked pizza bases?
Our pizza bases are around 11-12" inches in diameter, a very good size pizza for one person.
What if I am not happy with my order?
Although it is rare that customers are not 100% happy with their orders, if for any reason you are not satisfied, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your complaint in full within one working day.